We got out of hyperspace with a sudden jerk. ‘These must be the space pirates!’ – Exclaimed Eileen, my-copilot and a long-time friend – ‘Time to fight’. We armed ourselves with our trusted Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blasters and got ready to meet the boarding team…
There is only one thing that is better than reading pulp SF stories when you are twelve – that is, to fight epic-scale space battles in your backyard. Every ranger and freedom-fighter (as well as every pirate and scoundrel) has to have a blaster to shoot their enemies with. When it comes to blasters, N-Strike Elite guns are in a league of their own; so, here is why buying your kiddos the N-Strike Elite Strongarm blaster should be your immediate priority.
- The impressive design of the blaster makes you think of a real firearm from the 31st century.
- Darts from the Strongarm blaster can be fired up to 75 feet.
- The blaster holds as many as 6 darts.
- The blaster is easy to load: just flip open the rotating barrel.
- A special Slam Fire feature allows you to shoot the darts as fast as possible: just hold down the trigger and pump the slide back and forth.
- N-Strike Elite Darts are designed to maintain flight stability and accuracy even at a great distance.
- Although the blaster is large (7” x 12.8” x 2.8”), it weighs only 1.2 pounds: kids can play with is for hours on end without getting tired.
- The blaster is spring-powered and needs no batteries to fire darts.
- The standard darts for the blaster are made of lightweight foam with the tip made of soft rubber; they do not stick to walls or clothes.
- The shooters have to use two hands to fire the blaster: one hand to cock the hammer and the other to pull the trigger.
- The blaster makes funny noises every time you cock and shoot it.
- Although the blaster comes with 6 darts, it is possible to purchase extra rounds of ammunition (such as this 200-dart refill pack).
- The Strongarm blasters come in various colors.
- The blaster is made of hardwearing plastic: it will last a long time, even if you use it a lot.
- The darts are very light and can only slightly sting if fired at close range: they leave no welts or bruises and do no damage to health. It is also safe to use the darts inside as they do not make dents in walls and furniture. (The shooters, however, should never aim directly in the face and eyes. Wearing eye protection is recommended).
The battle was over: the cargo dock was lit by the sparks from the damaged electronic equipment; wisps of orange smoke were rising into the air here and there. ‘Swear by all three stars in Orion’s Belt, they were good’, – said beautiful Eileen, – ‘but our blasters were quicker, and here in deep space this is the only thing that really matters…’